What better way to spend a summer evening than browsing the local goodies at the SLO Farmer’s Market? From chocolate to seafood, cheese to kombucha, veggies to cookies to jerky, you can find just about anything you’d like to snack on or take home. For 34 years, the market has been a gathering place for community members and tourists who want to enjoy music and activities and meet local business owners while they shop for fresh produce, baked goods, and more.
More, you say? What is this “more” you speak of?
For one thing, it’s ice cream! (And more ice cream!)
That’s right! Starting on April 5th, Harmony Valley Creamery will be at the SLO Farmer’s Market every Thursday from 6:00-9:00 pm, scooping up cones and cups of udder deliciousness. You know, like we do.
Here are just a few of the activities you can participate in at the farmer’s market every week:
- Eating ice cream and shopping for sandwich ingredients.
- Buying a scoop for your date while listening to live music.
- Getting a double scoop and checking out STEAM Alley on the last Thursday of the month for interactive learning in science, technology, engineering, art, and math. Great for all ages!
- Mixing craft ice cream flavors (like School’s Out Strawberry with Local Yodelers Cookies ‘n Cream, or Mayor Freddy’s Vanilla Bean with Blue Door Butter Pecan) while checking out the market’s expansion onto Chorro Street, starting in July.
- Enjoying a craft ice cream cone and getting a pint to take home.
The options are nearly endless!
We don’t want to take credit for making the SLO Farmer’s Market awesome, because it has always been pretty awesome. But we are adding some seriously delicious craft ice cream to the mix, but you be the judge.
Come see us at the SLO Farmer’s Market every Thursday! You can’t miss us: we’ll be the crew in the vintage Scoop Truck.
Ice cream questions? We’ve got answers! Contact us any time.