It’s that time of year again – Thanksgiving! And no Thanksgiving meal would be complete without dessert! Pie is a quintessential American tradition, and a must on Thanksgiving. But, in order to step it up a notch, what is better than pie a la mode, especially when that ice cream is made by Harmony Valley Creamery? Now, we know Mayor Freddy’s Vanilla Bean goes with any pie, so below we have some more adventurous ideas. Continue reading for some great pie and ice cream pairings for Thanksgiving!
- Pecan Pie and Harmony Chapel Chocolate. This is heavenly. The flavor of the nuts and cinnamon with chocolate are out of this world.
- Peanut Butter Pie and Local Yodelers Cookies N’ Cream. Have you ever had peanut butter pie? No? Do me a favor and google it right now! You won’t regret putting these two amazing tastes together!
- Cheesecake and Blue Door Butter Pecan. We all know cheesecake has a misleading name – why it is the most pie-y cake there is! So, try these two classics together and you won’t be disappointed.
- Lemon Meringue Pie and School’s Out Strawberry. Any lemon meringue pie fans out there? This is a fruity delicious pairing that can stand up to the best of them!
- Brownie Pie and Doo Dah Mint N’ Chip. Chocolate and mint? Yes. Brownie as a pie? Double yes.
- Apple Pie and Shoreline Salted Swirl Caramel. Its like a caramel apple. Need we say more? Shoreline Salted Swirl Caramel is a Scoop Truck exclusive so you may want to bring your own apple pie to Harmony. The Scoop Truck is open Saturday and Sunday in Harmony from 12pm – 4pm.
- Pumpkin Pie and Cowtown Coffee Bean. We have all heard of pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream, but what about pumpkin pie and coffee? Trust us, it is delicious. Think PSL, but better! Now, since Cowtown Coffee Bean is a Scoop Truck exclusive, this will take a little planning ahead, but we know you can do it! The Scoop Truck is open Saturday and Sunday in Harmony from 12pm – 4pm.
No matter how you like to celebrate this holiday, make sure you have pie AND ice cream! For more information on where to get our ice cream, click here.