The ice cream sundae is the height of decadence when it comes to dessert (or breakfast…we’re not here to judge). What other treat has so few rules and so many possibilities? You can easily screw up a tiramisu or a chocolate cake, but there’s no way to ruin an ice cream sundae. (Unless, maybe, you pull out the anchovies.)
Just like you want a strong foundation when you build a house, your sundae needs a strong foundation, too: Harmony Valley craft ice cream. The right homemade flavor sets the tone for your entire treat, and you’ve got several incredible signature flavors to choose from. Try some of these delectable sundae combinations:
Mayor Freddy’s Vanilla Bean
- Apple pie filling, cinnamon, and whipped cream.
- Crushed pretzels, chocolate hazelnut spread, and sprinkles.
- Pineapple, shredded coconut, and coconut cream.
Harmony Chapel Chocolate
- Peanut butter, peanut butter chips, and peanuts.
- Marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate sauce.
- Toffee, butterscotch syrup, and walnuts.
School’s Out Strawberry
- Crushed shortbread cookies, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream.
- Bananas, hot fudge, and walnuts.
- Rhubarb sauce, crushed graham crackers, and whipped cream.
Local Yodelers Cookies ‘N Cream
- Cookie butter, chocolate chips, and chocolate sauce.
- Fresh blueberries, walnuts, and whipped cream.
- Brownie, chocolate sauce, and cherry pie filling.
Doo Dah Mint ‘N Chip
- Mint liquor (adults only!), chocolate sauce, and whipped cream.
- Crushed Oreos, shredded coconut, and mint chocolate chips.
- Raspberry jam and chocolate chips.
Blue Door Butter Pecan
- Crushed bacon, maple syrup, and extra pecans!
- Crushed vanilla wafer cookies, caramel sauce, and toffee.
- Bananas, butterscotch syrup, and whipped cream.
Those ideas should get you through a couple of weeks, but after that you’ll have to start developing your own flavor combinations. The good news is that you really can’t go wrong, especially when you start with our craft ice cream. Pick up a pint (or 18) at your local market, or keep an eye on our Twitter account so you know where to find the Scoop Truck! If you have any questions about building the perfect ice cream sundae, don’t hesitate to contact us we love sharing ideas!